DOC, grub and whatever is in between

Paolo Supino paolo.supino at harmonicdata.com
Mon Jan 21 10:14:38 EST 2002

Hi

  I'm trying to activate a system that has a DOC Millenum as primary
boot device and I want to use grub. I do the following:
1. untar grub-0.90.
2. patch it with the patch found in the mtd/patches directory.
3. configure it with --enable-diskonchip and --enable-tftp
4. Build grub
5. move to mtd/grub
6. copy the newly built pre-stage2
7. run make
8. run ../util/doc_loadbios /dev/mtd0 grub_firmware
   The output from the command is:
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 0
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 8192
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 16384
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 24576
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 32768
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 40960
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 49152
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 57344
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 65536
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 73728
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 81920
Performing Flash Erase of length 8192 at offset 90112

9. reboot the machine and get:
   DISK BOOT FAILIRE,  INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

   Somewhere I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find where and what.
Can anyone point the obvious to me?

PS - 1. I'm not subscribed to the mailing list (yet), so please send
replies directly to me (mailto:paolo.supino at harmonicdata.com).
        2. I apologize before hand if the above is something at the
the level of RTFM or at a proximity.

TIA

	Paolo