different crash (was Re: JFFS2 is crashing the kernel)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jan 16 17:06:27 EST 2002

adam.wozniak at comdev.cc said:
> Id: build.c,v 1.22 2002/01/09 16:30:57 dwmw2 Exp

Bugger. There was a bug in 1.21 which could cause the symptoms you saw -
but I fixed it in 1.22.

Now I'm confused. It's possible that the shuffling around of code for
portability, although it shouldn't have changed the behaviour in any
significant way, has introduced a bug.

I suspect you have a node or inocache on the list which has been freed and
shouldn't be there.

If this were reproducible, I'd want you to add debugging printks to
jffs2_{alloc,free}_raw_node_ref similar to the ones in the inocache
alloc/free functions. Also to jffs2_raw_ref_to_inum() to print raw and raw->
next_in_ino each time round the loop you identified.

Then boot with debugging (level 1) enabled and log _all_ messages, even the
KERN_DEBUG ones, from the time the filesystem is first mounted.

--
dwmw2