Problem with cfi_probe.c and Intel chip

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 10 17:47:33 EST 2002

ahennessy at mvista.com said:
> I just tried the latest code  and discovered that the command used
> before the query command  and also to return to read mode  in
> cfi_probe.c  has been changed to 0xF0 - it used to be 0xFF .  The
> board I'm testing on has an Intel strata chip and is not responding to
> the query.  If I use 0xFF, then everything is fine.  AMD chips seems
> to be happy with either command (

I seem to recall someone complaining before, and having to change it. But
if so, I don't see why it only came in with the jedec-probe stuff.

Three options:
1. Change it to 0xFF and see if anyone screams.
2. Make it send both 0xFF and 0xF0.
3. Make it work out what type of chip it's talking to and send the _right_
	command.

--
dwmw2