Problem with cfi_probe.c and Intel chip

Alice Hennessy ahennessy at mvista.com
Thu Jan 10 17:26:29 EST 2002

Hello,

I just tried the latest code  and discovered that the command used
before the query command  and also to
return to read mode  in cfi_probe.c  has been changed to 0xF0 - it used
to be 0xFF .  The board I'm testing
on has an Intel strata chip and is not responding to the query.  If I
use 0xFF, then everything is fine.  AMD chips
seems to be happy with either command (I think because the
AMD automatically returns to read mode after
a command anyway).   It looks like this was changed with the jedec-probe

additions so maybe this is necessary
for older jedec chips (which I haven't tested).

Alice