Slow jffs2 startup on DOM

Gad Hayisraeli gad at syete.co.il
Sun Feb 24 04:18:54 EST 2002

you'll be very surprised, becasue many times that i had rebooted the machine
(mediaEngine, strataflash intel) and the loading of all the files was VERY
slow, untill i had done "shutdown -r now" and after that the machine
returned to normal operation, almost...
still i encountering a little slowness sometimes, and i suspect that the
jffs layer is fixing things online, but i'm not sure. (i got rid of the jffs
debug info so i cannot see its operation)

maybe you can think of some e2fsck for jffs2, instead of fixing the blocks
everytime without the user's knowledge ?

Gad