DiskOnChip 2000 and Millenium support in GRUB bootloader

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Fri Feb 22 17:38:56 EST 2002

Mark,

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Mark Meade wrote:

> The doc_loadbios output to /dev/mtd0 is off by 512 bytes (when I use an
> offset of 1024):

Thanks for the correction.   I adjusted your patch to take into account
the almost impossible case when IPL is bigger than erase sector.

> My system now recognizes that something is there, but refuses to boot:
>     Searching for boot record from SCSI: Not Found.

Perhaps, IPL refuses to execute SPL (GRUB's doc_stage1) because the
doc_stage1's check sum didn't include IPL itself.

Vadim, should the Millennium SPL check sum include IPL?

The other thought is if the stage1 code can be placed instead of IPL.

Ilguiz