DiskOnChip 2000 and Millenium support in GRUB bootloader

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Fri Feb 22 15:32:20 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Ilguiz Latypov wrote:

> The source code for doc_loadbios is in the util/ directory of the Linux
> MTD CVS repository.
>
 > Mind upgrading autoconf and automake?

Thanks, Ilguiz.  I now have the latest from the CVS archive, and I also upgraded autoconf
and automake.  Everything went flawlessly.

The doc_loadbios output to /dev/mtd0 is off by 512 bytes (when I use an offset of 1024):

*** doc_loadbios.c Fri Feb 22 15:22:17 2002
--- doc_loadbios.c.orig Fri Feb 22 15:16:30 2002
***************
*** 89,98 ****
       perror("read");
       goto error;
      }
-     if (lseek(ofd, 0L, SEEK_SET) < 0) {
-      perror("lseek");
-      goto error;
-     }
     }

     erase.length = meminfo.erasesize;

After making that change, the grub_firmware appears to be in the correct place (0x400),
and the IPL is still at 0x0 and 0x200.

I created an ext2 partition and copied the necessary files to /boot and /boot/grub.

My system now recognizes that something is there, but refuses to boot:
    Searching for boot record from SCSI: Not Found.

I'll keep trying; if you have any ideas, let me know.

Regards,

Mark