JFFS2 & NAND

Thomas Gleixner gleixner at autronix.de
Sun Feb 17 14:36:07 EST 2002

On Sunday, 17. February 2002 18:25, David Woodhouse wrote:
> gleixner at autronix.de said:
> > Maybe we  could reduce the information to a filesystem type and define
> > the oob-layout  as constants in a .h file. That would be less overhead
> > but gives the  flexibility for both chip and filesystem driver to use
> > free oob layouts. It would be not a big hack to rearrange it that way.
>
> I think that might be best. After all, there are only a limited number of
> such arrangements.
>
> I'd actually like to overhaul all the oob and ecc stuff in the mtd_info
> structure - I don't like any of it very much. If we can make do with the
> existing API for a while longer, then we can give some serious thought to
> its replacement.
I looked for the usage of eectype in MTD. There's only nand.c, which writes a
value to this field. We could use a OR-value for the oob-configuration and
use this field for our oob-layout selection.

Thomas
Thomas Gleixner, autronix automation GmbH
auf dem berg 3, d-88690 uhldingen-muehlhofen
fon: +49 7556 919891 , fax: +49 7556 919886
mail: gleixner at autronix.de, http://www.autronix.de