JFFS2 & NAND

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Feb 17 12:25:39 EST 2002

gleixner at autronix.de said:
> Maybe we  could reduce the information to a filesystem type and define
> the oob-layout  as constants in a .h file. That would be less overhead
> but gives the  flexibility for both chip and filesystem driver to use
> free oob layouts. It would be not a big hack to rearrange it that way.

I think that might be best. After all, there are only a limited number of
such arrangements.

I'd actually like to overhaul all the oob and ecc stuff in the mtd_info
structure - I don't like any of it very much. If we can make do with the
existing API for a while longer, then we can give some serious thought to
its replacement.

--
dwmw2