MTD concat layer

Brian J. Fox bfox at ua.com
Sat Feb 16 09:56:49 EST 2002

   From: Robert Kaiser <rob at sysgo.de>
   Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:03:27 +0100 (MET)

   On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, David Woodhouse wrote:

   > rob at sysgo.de said:
   > > OK, just to be clear about this: If my erase function is asked to
   > > erase -say-  1.5 blocks, what should it do:
   >
   > -EINVAL.

   OK, but is the function allowed to erase blocks up to the point
   where it hits the partial block request ? That would make it simpler,
   especially in the presence of variable block sizes.

I was lurking, but I guess I have to post an opinion on this.

*No*, you should *not* erase some blocks and return an error.

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    Liberte', E'galite', Fraternite'