MTD concat layer

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Feb 16 06:08:26 EST 2002

rob at sysgo.de said:
>  OK, but is the function allowed to erase blocks up to the point where
> it hits the partial block request ? That would make it simpler,
> especially in the presence of variable block sizes.

It doesn't matter. The caller _knows_ the blocksize setup, and must not
_ever_ ask for an erase that doesn't both start and end on block boundaries.

I hereby declare that the behaviour of the driver if this happens is
undefined. You can do what ever you like, including erasing the whole of
the flash, all hard drives, and blowing up the machine.

I probably won't actually accept a patch which implements that. I'd take one
which has a BUG() though ;)

--
dwmw2