Can anyone give me some suggestions on using jffs(1/2)

yanhy at tsinghua.org.cn yanhy at tsinghua.org.cn
Thu Aug 29 00:06:18 EDT 2002

Hi!I'm a new comer here and I am new to uClinux.I want to use jffs(1 or 2) as the
root filesystem on target M5272C3.But i failed to do that though i tried a lot
according to "jffs-howto.txt".Can you tell me how to begin?
well,I have download uClinux-2.4.x( uClinux-dist-20020701.tar.gz.tar) from
www.uclinux.org, and i'v succesfully run the kernel on the M5272C3 target using
romfs as root fs(BTW:i use ppcboot as the bootloader,which can receive
kernel+romfs image via ethernet port and then put it in ram at 0x20000.Then i can
run the kernel by typing command "go 20000") .
Now, i want to use jffs as the root fs instead of romfs,but i failed to compile
the kernel when i select MTD support, MTD partitions support and jffs support as
jffs-howto.txt says.
Can you give me some suggestions how to build the jffs(2 or 1) as root fs? Are any
patches required ?
Thanks so much!
Best wishes
Yan