JFFS2 Power Fail Issue

Stephen Hui gromit1463 at mailworks.org
Fri Aug 16 15:23:48 EDT 2002

Hi,

My JFFS2 filesystem doesn't like having the plug pulled on it.  I get
some bad behaviour when:

1.  I have the partition mounted under another filesystem, and I pull
the plug while writing to it, or

2.  I have the partition unlocked and mounted read-write as root, and I
pull the plug (regardless of whether I'm writing).

After booting again and mounting the partition, I get a bunch of these:

Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x0007eaec: -30
Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x0013d66c: -30
Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x0013d7b4: -30
Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x0013d884: -30
Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x0013dbec: -30

and each time I pull the plug and bring it back up, more nodes are
obsoleted.  Has this been seen before?  I'm using the latest JFFS2 code.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen.

--
"Find out what you've been missing while you've been
rebooting Windows NT." -- Infoworld on Linux

http://www.ao.com/~regan/penguins/tux.html