grub loading problem, for help

jay.s at sohu.com jay.s at sohu.com
Thu Aug 15 23:54:20 EDT 2002

thanks in advance.

I am doing as a document advice, since I havn't the choice of change boot sequence to NETWORK boot option in bios, I did ./configure without "--enable-diskonchip-biosnetboot ", now I halt the system and reboot it, it says :

DoC 2000 D800
E698
Jumping to Grub

then nothing appeared on the screen, the keyboard is not locked.

accidently, I reboot the system without the hard disk, things were changed as follows:

DoC 2000 D800
D698
Jumping to Grub
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0xe0, partition 0xff
DiskOnChip 2000 found at d8000
floor 0, chip 0; manufacturer:Toshiba
Chip: Toshiba TC58V64AFT/DC, total size:8 MiB
erase unit: 8192 bytes, page: 512 bytes
total of 1 chip2 found - total capacity 8 MiB
Scanning for NFTL Media Header
NFTL Media Header found in flash sector 192
spare Media Header for NFTL 0 fount in flash sector 208
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0xe0, partition 0xff
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0xe0, partition 0x0
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0xe0, partition 0x1
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0xe0, partition 0xf
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x80, partition 0xff
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x80, partition 0xff
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x80, partition 0xf0
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x80, partition 0xf
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x0, partition 0xff
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x0, partition 0x0
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0x0, partition 0xf

GRUB version 0.93 (616k lower / 31744k upper memory)

[ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported......]
grub>

I feel lucky to see the prompt, however I cant access the doc anymore( I have tried to use "kernel ...." according to that howto), I have installed the contents in the doc and also the grub/menu.lst, but nothing help. Because I don't know grub much, I don't know what to do then.

could you have any suggestions?

regards

jays