NAND Configuration

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Aug 9 04:09:41 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 08:53, Steve Tsai wrote:
> The patch can work on my system. Thanks.
>
> I got another problem in mounting  JFFS2 file system.  When I write a
> JFFS2 image into the NAND partition, I can mount it on /mnt. If I write
> a JFFS2 image into the NAND partition and reboot system to use it as the
> root file system, there are some CRC errors occur. When the system
> mounts the root file system, it will start to access files also. Does
> the kernel access file on jffs2 file system too early?
No, also the kernel has to wait until the filesystem is mounted
complete. The kernel reads files, which you probably do not access, when
you mount it manually on /mnt. Try to copy all your files from /mnt to
anywhere and check, if the same errors occure.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de