Support for Intel 28F032SA

Karim Yaghmour karim at opersys.com
Tue Aug 6 20:03:46 EDT 2002

I have an old board with an Intel 28F032SA which I would like to use
with Linux. The 28F032SA is actually 2 consecutively mapped 28F016SA
chips in the same packaging. They, however, cannot be modified
simultaneously, so they can't be dealt with as 2 independent devices.

The chip is non-CFI and the closest driver I've seen is the
drivers/mtd/chips/sharp.c driver which supports Sharp 28F016SCT chips.
I suppose I could hack it to create a driver for the 28F032SA. Before
I do so, nevertheless, I was wondering if someone on this list had any
experience with using this chip and/or if someone knew of another
driver I could use with this chip.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Karim

                 Karim Yaghmour