[Fwd: Re: boot from diskonchip millenium]

Glen mtd at empireenterprises.com
Tue Aug 6 17:26:53 EDT 2002

Thank you for your help thus far.

> This always happens when the grub_firmware was compiled by
> running aclocal/autoconf/automake commands from README_DiskOnChip and
> specifying the --enable-diskonchip-mil option.  [The latest patches are
> 0.92 and 2002-07-29].

This is what I did, with the 0.92 patch; are you saying I should have
done otherwise?

I started from scratch, and recompiled everything, reformatted, and the
like.  Now I get the following message:

DoC Mil D000
E698
Jumping to Grub
Attempting to open /boot/grub/menu.lst on drive 0xe0, partition 0xff
Unknown ChipID a0 at c8000
DiskOnChip Millennium found at d0000
floor 0, chip 0; manufacturer: Toshiba
Chip: Toshiba TC58V64AFT/DC, total size: 8MiB
	erase unit: 8192 bytes, page: 512 byes
unknown manufacturer code: 0x43
Total of 1 chips found - total capacity 8 MiB
Scanning for NFTL Media Header
NFTL Media Header found in flash sector 208
nftl_rawread(): error 16 in memcpy() or earlier, press any key

Interestingly enough, after I boot the machine to the HDD by entering
the commands in grub manually, I no longer have a nftl partition.

Does grub write to the DOC upon booting?

-g