MTD Partition problems

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sat Aug 3 05:46:16 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2 August 2002 16:59:07 -0500, Malik, Vipin [FRCO/HOU] wrote:
> I'm just getting back into playing with this.
>
> Is there something broken with the mtd partitioning code?

Not really broken, but maybe useless.

> I defined 3 mtd partitions on one 8MB flash. The partitions look fine on the
> debug log and a "cat /proc/mtd" shows three devices with the proper sizes
> and names as defined in my "mtd_partition" map structure in my map file.
>
> However, it seems that 6 mtd partitions have been added (even though just 3
> show up in /proc/mtd)!
>
> Each of mtd[0,1], mtd[2,3] and mtd[4,5] pairs point to partitions 1,2&3
> respectively. Each of the pairs point to the same partitions (have the same
> stuff in them).

One device of each pair is read-only. This is by design and scheduled
to be ripped out sometime.

David, 2.4.19 is released, but I am right in my exam period. Does end
of August and/or beginning of September sound ok for the merge?

Jörn

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, but
not tried it.