[patch] doc_stage1.S : GRUB on DoC

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Fri Aug 2 15:49:39 EDT 2002

Ilguiz,

Indeed, the READID command doesn't seem to care what address is sent -- the
answer came back correctly either way.

Here's what I've learned so far:

1)  The Grub CVS code (from 7/30), with the 2002-06-21 patch applied also
causes the P133 machine to reboot.  This code has none of the combined
doc_stage1/1b additions made in the 07-29 patch.

2)  The 0.92 Grub, with an earlier doc patch (I think it was 05-30) boots
fine.

3)  Using the combined doc_stage1/1b with 0.92 Grub does not work.

Again, all three combinations above work just fine on the faster PC.

Item #1 seems to suggest that cvs grub may have introduced the problem, but
in that case #3 should work.  Item #3 was patched manually (just doc_stage1.S
and the Makefile), so it's possible I missed something else in your 07-29
patch.

Anyway, is it possible to take an unmodified 0.92 Grub, and cleanly apply the
latest (07-29) patch?  I was not able to do this, mainly because of automake
version differences.

Thanks,

Mark