problem of booting from DOC

Zhiwei Yu linux_vpn at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 08:50:09 EDT 2002

I am working with DOC 2000.  The mtd driver and nftl
driver works fine on my system if I boot from harddisk
or network, but every time I use lilo to write boot
loader into the MBR of DOC(actually boot=/dev/nftla1),
I get error message like "Sorry don't know how to
handle device 0x5d01".  For now I'm using the patched
lilo from CVS and add "bios=0x80" in my lilo.conf,but
I still can not solve this problem.

Is there anything that I miss or I should use other
boot loader?  Thanks for your help.