problem with old M-sys 1000 DOC

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 07:28:15 EDT 2002

Dudes...the mail below i got from some1 whose tryin to
act like a real smart ***..

  I may b wrong in my approach to the DOC for buildin
a thin client or other embedded systems which i wanna
use...but if i am wron, then some1 could point that
out.
  I appreciate pple correctin me....not some1
bashing....;)

TRW
      ********************8

>     Dudes....i know some of u would say....why dont
> buy a new card.........but i need to PROOVE to the
> management that Linux on the DOC could create a
>lovely product line for them using a DIskless Server
>based approach...nd diskless Thin clients........

It can't.

x86 is tied to a BIOS which is inappropriate for
discless use, and
DiskOnChip is poor at best and downright unreliable at
worst.

>  FOr which i hav to proove myself using the crappy
old
> hardware i have...:((
>   But i am determined to ...........to get it
running
> with microwindowz nd all..;)

Christ.  Can you at least *try* to look like an adult?

> -> Can pple help me out...or give me pointers as to
> where is the issues....nd why i am not able to
> format/mount/access the flash file system.

Read the instructions.  They are included in the
kernel sources.

Jas.

=====
( >-    GNU/LINUX, It's all about CHOICE      -< )
/~\    __  http://www.qmailtheeasyway.com __   /~\
|  \) /    mailto: trevorwarren at yahoo.com   \ (/ |
|_|_  \ Urgent ->9820349221 at maxtouch.co.in  / _|_|