jffs2_gcd_mtd4 <defunct>

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Sun Sep 23 11:06:36 EDT 2001

Hi all

Small bug:
When i mount a jffs2 FS as root FS I get this [jffs2_gcd_mtd4 <defunct>]
process(and a [jffs2_gcd_mtd4] process as well). This will not happen
if I mount jffs2 as a extra FS after boot(mount /dev/mtdblock4 /jffs2)

Another thing:
We are suffering somewhat from long mount times and I remember something
about checkpoints in jffs2 would solve this problem. Correct?

Anybody working on this? I would be happy to do some testing if needed.

Yet another thing:
I remember seeing something about beeing alble to control the compression
level in jffs2(at mount time?), but I can not find in the sources. Is it
implemented yet?

    Joakim