(no subject)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Sep 14 12:32:31 EDT 2001

keith_siders at toshibatv.com said:
> I have a requirement to store compressed binary images with the intent
> that they will be uncompressed when loaded into memory. Can JFFS2
> store data without compression, in this case previously compressed
> data, and still automatically uncompress it when retrieved from the
> filesystem?

No, if you want JFFS2 to decompress it, you have to let JFFS2 compress it -
by putting the uncompressed version into the filesystem instead of the
compressed version.

Why do you want to write the compressed version to the filesystem? Just so
that you can use gzip -9 and get better compression?

--
dwmw2