Trying to compile mtd-snapshot

Jose Rodríguez Argente jradc at tid.es
Thu Sep 6 08:43:06 EDT 2001

Hi,

   I am trying to compile in my PC the mtd-snapshot-20010806 package to
get the jffs utilities working. I have executed:

   automake --foreign  (the automake version is 1.5)

and I get the following message:

/usr/local/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL

Then I run autoconf and ./configure with no problem. But when finally I
run make, the message is :

Makefile:340: *** missing separator.  Stop.

Line 340 in the Makefile is:

@AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@ @am__quote@$(DEPDIR)/compr.Po at am__quote@

What am I doing wrong? Do I need another version of automake, or any patch?

Thanks a lot,

Pepe