JFFS2 on 8MB Flash-Chip conneted to MPC850 works extremly slo w:(

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Sep 5 05:10:56 EDT 2001

jonas.holmberg at axis.com said:
>  I'm not using the mtdblock driver for the cramfs partition. I guess
> it's me that's broken...

What _are_ you using? If you're going through the MTD device for the flash
chip, calling its read() method, that still ought to work.

If you're trying to just read the compressed data in the flash chip directly
from the memory location you happen to know it's mapped at, you've just
demonstrated why XIP on a writable chips is such a pain :)

--
dwmw2