DOC problems on PowerPC

Felix Radensky felix at allot.com
Mon May 14 10:13:31 EDT 2001

Hi, all

I was able to solve the DOC problems on PowerPC I've reported yesterday.

All I had to do is to run "eraseall /dev/mtd0", then run "nftl_format
/dev/mtd0"
and  then create partitions with fdisk.

Can someone please explain me the difference between eraseall and
nftl_format.
HOWTO says nothing about it.

By the way, the latest mtd code would not compile, at least on my 2.4.2
kernel
unless you add #include <linux/kmod.h> to chipreg.c.  This is because of

a call to request_module() in do_map_probe(), which IMHO should be
under #ifdef CONFIG_KMOD, and not #ifdef CONFIG_MODULES.