MTD compile on 2.2.17 kernel

Jan Rovins Jan.Rovins at radisys.com
Tue May 1 11:38:11 EDT 2001

I guess I am missing something here.

In the header files that I have, there is no member called
map->fldrv_destroy
so that file doesn't compile. Now I'm getting curious as to what the right
fix would be.
(But since I'm not using modules, I wont worry about it too much).

Here is the other build issue that I came across,
(and possibly an other wrong fix :-)
at line # 336 in mtdcore.c we have:
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < 0x20212
        init_mtd_devices();
#endif

my LINUX_VERSION_CODE is 131601 = 0x20211,
so the call to init_mtd_devices() gets compiled in.

with the existing Makefiles I get the following link error:
drivers/mtd/mtdlink.o: In function `init_mtd':
drivers/mtd/mtdlink.o(.text.init+0x3c): undefined reference to
`init_mtd_devices

If I change GNUmakefile
ifeq ($(VERSION),2)
 ifeq ($(PATCHLEVEL),0) <<<changed this to:>>>  ifeq ($(PATCHLEVEL),2)
   obj-y += initcalls.o
  endif
endif

Then it compiles.
Should I be pulling in all the stuff in init_mtd_devices() when building a
2.2.17 kernel?

Jan