AW: JFFS on a powerpc platform.

Subodh Nijsure subodh at best.com
Wed Mar 7 01:46:43 EST 2001

> Hi!
>
> >Question I have is -- has anyone tested JFFS on powerpc platform.
> >
> >I have retrieved the latest mtd code from CVS repository and
> >the data read back from flash is not "correct".
> >
> >The platform I am running on MPC860 based board having
> >intel flash  which mtd is able to recognize correctly.
>
> Yes the code runs fine - now. Please check wether you are using at least
> version 1.10 of physmap.c. We fixed exactly this problem mhhh let me say
> around 4 days ago. Did you checked out the source after that? Please
> checkout again.
>
> Hope that helps - if not please provide a DEBUG_CFI enabled output.

I got the latest code and one of the problem is fixed now.

i.e. if I copy a file to jffs partition I can read back the content.

However if I mount partiton, copy a file to it, then unmount it and again
mount it, I don't see the file I copied.

e.g. I do

mount -t jffs /dev/mtdblock4 /tmp/jffs
cp /etc/inetd.conf /tmp/jffs/inetd.conf

Now I do diff between /etc/inetd.conf and /tmp/jffs/inetd.conf both are
same files

Now I do umount and re-mount
i.e.
umount jffs /dev/mtdblock4
mount -t jffs /dev/mtdblock4 /tmp/jffs

Now when I try to do ls -l /tmp/jffs I don't see the file I had copied earlier,
anybody seen this?

Thanks.

/Subodh Nijsure