AW: Some bugs

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Mar 6 03:12:21 EST 2001

schirmer at taytron.net said:
>  For what reason it is still in there? I'm not that expirienced kernel
> hacker. So maybe you can give me some hints. It makes developing
> rather complicated since i have to reset the board to get rid of the
> cfi modules. Maybe we should disable to stuff until it is fixed?

The code originally used get_module_symbol(), which did what I wanted quite
nicely - it meant that modules like cfi_probe didn't have to have a hard
dependency on every individual command set module. It was changed to the
new inter_module_xxx abomination when Linus decided to include it in
2.4.0-test$something, and it introduced link order dependencies and
generally broke. Let's just strip it out and let the modules depend on each
other. We can play ugly ifdef tricks to 'fix' that, it's better than using
inter_module_get().

--
dwmw2