Kernel panic DiskOnChip /Newbie question

Michael Gibson m.gibson at esesixtech.com
Mon Mar 5 07:03:59 EST 2001

Is there somebody who could help me with following jffs problem?

kernel 2.4.2, mtd cvs snapshot of 02nd March 2001(same problem with original
mtd modules from kernel 2.4.2), DOC2000 8MB with firmware 1.21

DOC2000 is detected OK
when I try to do "mount -t jffs /dev/mtdblock0 /test" after "erase
/dev/mtd0" (as described in the mtd/jffs HOWTO from the CVS snapshot)
I get a Kernel panic:
" Didn´t read all bytes in flash_safe_read(). Returned 0 "

but NFTL workes fine, I can do nftl_format - create a partition - put a
minix fs on it and mount it.
Also writing to the nftl partition works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards
Michael Gibson