Input/Output Errors

Stephen Herzog mtd at sdesign.com
Mon Jun 18 22:50:29 EDT 2001

Greetings,

I tried using ext2 on an 8M DoC 2000  however had problems
related to corrupting the entire file system if the partition
was not unmounted correctly from read/write mode.

We switched to a minix file system from ext2 to save space
and make things a bit more stable, however the best thing
to do is keep the partition mounted read-only except
when doing os updates.

The problems we were having were not related to the MTD
layer however.

Steve