Input/Output Errors

qwerty t qwerty172 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 07:51:34 EDT 2001

I am getting some very strange results I would like to
share.

I have a 16 M DoC 2000. I have formated it as an ext2
partition, and have copied 10M in various directories.

During boot MTD support says that it found unformated
sectors and formats them. This doesn't happen all the
time. Sometimes after one of these unformated sections
is formatted the result is I/O errors when I try to
read a file or directory.

Has anyone seen this before? Has anyone used ext2 as
filesystem.

Bill