Intel 82802

Jim_Ravan at avid.com Jim_Ravan at avid.com
Tue Jun 12 16:05:56 EDT 2001

All,

I'm a newbie, so forgive me ahead of time. I looked back about a year and a half
in the archives but could find no mention of the Intel 82802 MTH boot flash/RNG.
Is this device supported? Actually I should say "these devices" since the part
is available in 512KB and 1MB configurations.

Once I get my IBM PC motherboard booted using perhaps a (new) version of
Linux/BIOS, I would like to use MTD to update the flash under program control.
The overall idea is to allow a new Linux kernel to be flashed at will.

regards,
-jim