Re: Patch to support TQM8xxL board

Kirk Lee mpc at mail2000.com.tw
Tue Jun 12 13:00:28 EDT 2001

>> +dep_tristate '  CFI Flash device mapped on >>TQM8xxL' CONFIG_MTD_TQM8xxL $CONFIG_MTD_CFI >>$CONFIG_TQM8xxL
>It's normal to have config options in all >capitals. Also, we require a Configure.help entry >for this option.

 Fixed and also add related entry into Configure.help.

>>CFI_LITTLE_ENDIAN......
>Actually HOST_ENDIAN should also work, shouldn't it?

 I just take a rough try.
 HOST_ENDIAN does not work.
 TQM8xxL is a Embedded PowerPC based board, MPC8xx
 series, and ppc-linux for that series use 'lwbrx'
 and 'stwbrx' instruction to implement 'readl'
 and 'writel'.
 This may be the reason, I guess.....

>> +#ifndef CONFIG_MTD_TQM8xxL
>> +#error This is for TQM8xxL platform only
>> +#endif
>Please omit this. It shouldn't be necessary.

 Fixed.

 Thanks

 kirk

----== Mailed via Openfind ==-----