I patch the MTD , but compiler do not compile any object code in /usr/src/linux/drivers/MTD/

Vipin Malik vipin at embeddedlinuxworks.com
Tue Jul 31 08:46:29 EDT 2001

At 06:27 PM 7/31/2001 +0800, Patrick wrote:
>I patch the MTD code in kernel source 2.4.0-test9 for mipsel
>
>after I build the kernel , booting the kernel ,without any message about
>
>MTD

First you seem to have built all the MTD drivers as modules so you won't
see any MTD messages during the bootup phase (unless something is
explicitly loading a MTD module(s)- which I doubt as you are building this
for the first time).

>when I try every kind of MTD driver.
>
>I found the /usr/src/linux/drivers/MTD/ without any object code (*.o)

I presume that you also did a "make modules" when you "built the kernel"?

># CONFIG_MTD_CHAR is not set

You also need CONFIG_MTD_CHAR

Vipin