[structure field names]

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jul 20 04:12:24 EDT 2001

thockin at sun.com said:
> ebrower at usa.net said:
> > There is a patch for SPARC/Linux in the patches directory
> > that performs 32- to 64-bit ioctl conversions.  If you
> > touch any struct member names that are used as ioctl args
> > this patch will need to be rev'ed as well.

I thought we'd changed the types so that conversions weren't necessary?

thockin at sun.com said:
>  I was just planning to change the map_info, cfi_private, mtd_info
> structures, so that the fields were more descriptive:

> size -> map_size
> size -> mtd_size

You mean:
   map->size ==> map->map_size
   mtd->size ==> mtd->mtd_size

Almost all variables of type 'struct mtd_info *' have 'mtd' at the end of
the name, and almost all variable of type 'struct map_info *' have 'map' at
the end of the name, don't they?

--
dwmw2