[structure field names]

Tim Hockin thockin at sun.com
Thu Jul 19 21:32:00 EDT 2001

Eric wrote:

> There is a patch for SPARC/Linux in the patches directory
> that performs 32- to 64-bit ioctl conversions.  If you
> touch any struct member names that are used as ioctl args
> this patch will need to be rev'ed as well.
>
> Also, I just sent a new patch to Dave Miller this morning
> for an update to these ioctl conversions-- if he accepts
> it, I will update the patch in MTD CVS (which will then
> need to merge with your changes).
>
> Do you plan to change any of those ioctl args in mtd.h?

I was just planning to change the map_info, cfi_private, mtd_info
structures, so that the fields were more descriptive:

size -> map_size
size -> mtd_size

And the likes.  Trying to decipher the MTD layer is very hard right now :)

If there are any problems with Sparc patches, I can talk to Dave, he is
always hanging around here.

Tim
--
Tim Hockin