MTD/mtdblock.c uclinux 2.0.38?

Steve Kranz skranz at ridgerun.com
Mon Jul 9 09:42:10 EDT 2001

1.
Anybody know if instruction exist for installing MTD and nftl
into an uclinux 2.0.38 tree?

2.
I'm interested in getting the SmartMedia slot of this arm7 board
working for both read and write -- and I'd like the SmartMedia
card to be readable/writable by a Windows machine too. Am I
correct that this interoperability constraint will prevent me from
using JFFS? I'm assuming that a vfat fs with MTD/nftl will do the
trick for me. Yes, no?

3.
I've been glancing at MTD code and didn't think I saw any logic
to deal with the bad (unusable) blocks of a NAND flash device.
Did I just miss it?

Thanks,
Steve Kranz
skranz at ridgerun.com