jffs min_free_space

Jani Monoses jani at astechnix.ro
Mon Jul 9 07:46:59 EDT 2001

Hi

if minfreespace is erase_size <<2 does that mean that if the sector
size in the flash is 128K the fs must necessarily be larger that 512K?
I had a 512k fs and it wouldn-t create new file (ENOSP) only when I
changed minfreespace to two sectors size.

Another Q:
I grepped through the mtd sources and I didn-t find a place where flash
blocks are unlocked explicitly.mtd->unlock is only called AFAICT in
mtdchar but nowhere in mtdblock.So both jffs and jffs2 give EROFS when
trying to write.I made ugly hacks to work around it but I was hoping there
is a cleaner way andI overlooked something.The flash chips is 28FxxxC3
so it boots with all blocks software locked.

Thanks,
Jani.