Supported flash memory

Russ.Dill at asu.edu Russ.Dill at asu.edu
Thu Jan 4 14:28:08 EST 2001

After attempting to find flash memory for the LART board (Intel DT28F160F3B),
I've decided I need a plan B. So while I'm calling different suppliers around
the world (any tips here would be appreciated), I'm designing my own StrongARM
board, but with different flash/more flash options. I plan to use what seems to
be the most popular non BGA footprint, TSOP-48. I'm printing out data sheets
from various manufactures now to find the best way to make the most universal
footprint/layout.

Besides footprints, pinouts, etc, my other concern is software. The logical
combination would seem to be blob/mtd. What flash products are known or probable
to be compatible with this combination, what should I look for to attempt to
assertain compatibilty? Does blob/mtd work transparently with a 16bit or 32bit
ROM bus?

I of course know that blob will have to be modified to accept various flash
configurations, I'm asking about compatibilty without having to completely
rewrite large portions of mtd or blob.