Problems with cfi_cmdset_0002.c

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Tue Feb 13 05:04:16 EST 2001

> Is there _any_ difference between these chips which is
> detectable without
> actually trying to erase the damn things and observing how
> much data gets
> removed?

I may have found something. Take a look at the following table. It includes some AMD, Toshiba and ST flash chips.

Name            dev_id  last_byte_of_dev_id
---------------------------------
AM29F800BT      0x22D6  1101 0110
AM29LV800BT     0x22DA  1101 1010
AM29LV160DT     0x22C4  1100 0100
MBM29LV160TE    0x22C4  1100 0100
M29W800T        0x00D7  1101 0111
M29W160DT       0x22C4  1100 0100
TC58FVT160      0x00C2  1100 0010
                        ^
                        All 1s

M29W160DB       0x2249  0100 1001
MBM29LV160BE    0x2249  0100 1001
AM29LV160DB     0x2249  0100 1001
AM29LV800BB     0x225B  0101 1011
AM29F800BB      0x2258  0101 1000
TC58FVB160      0x0043  0100 0011
                        ^
                        All 0s

It looks like the eigth bit in the last byte of the device ID. It is 1 for top boot chips and 0 for bottom boot chips! Does anyone have the device IDs for any other chips? In that case, please confirm this theory.

/Jonas