lrp booting from M-Systems ISA flash card

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 2 05:33:22 EST 2001

lhfrjgtn at peterlink.ru said:
> i told about my experiment - i  boot from 1.44floppy with this ISA
> card inserted to check if any conflicts with BIOS extensions and any
> linux code - system boots OK ... is it good experiment ?

Er... yes, that's a good experiment. Sorry, I'd missed that. The low-memory
explanation doesn't really hold then. Can you boot from a floppy and load
the kernel from the flash card?

lhfrjgtn at peterlink.ru said:
>  what is 'bitrot' ?

The process whereby old code which hasn't been touched for a long time just
seems to stop working.

> and where can i found doc1000.c ?

In the Linux 2.4 kernel: linux/drivers/mtd/doc1000.c. Or from my CVS tree
if you want to patch it into 2.2.

--
dwmw2