Map driver usage

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Dec 18 12:18:21 EST 2001

rob at sysgo.de said:
>  OK, so if I implement the copy_from call to break the large transfer
> into smaller ones if necessary, then I should be safe ?

Depending on the flash chips you're using, maybe. Sometimes you need to
access the chip with the correct address.

>  Yep. Only my problem here is, that I want some physically
> non-contiguous blocks to form a single MTD partition. Is that possible
> with the MTD partition API ?

The MTD partitioning code is (currently) just a set of wrappers round the
real MTD functions, which add an offset and call the real chip driver's
methods. It's fairly simple to do your own such wrapper rather than using
the ones in mtdpart.c.

--
dwmw2