Map driver usage

Robert Kaiser rob at sysgo.de
Tue Dec 18 09:39:51 EST 2001

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the usage od the access primitives
(e.g. xx_read8(), xx_read16(), xx_copy_from() and so on). In writing
a map driver, can one assume that the MTD layer never calls these
functions to cross a flash device's block boundary ?

The reason I'm asking is that I am writing a new map driver for a board
that has a somwhat strange logical flash layout and I would like
to hide that by "shuffling" some of the blocks so that they appear
at different offsets. Transforming the offset parameter in the above
mentioned functions would be an easy way to do this, but it requires
that these functions are never asked to cross an erase block boundary.

Thanks for any insights

Rob

Robert Kaiser                          email: rkaiser at sysgo.de
SYSGO RTS GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 14
D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany    fax:   (49) 6136 9948-10