Problems compiling kernel 2.2.17

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 7 05:48:21 EDT 2001

juan at hispafuentes.com said:
>  but now we got another link error with an undefined reference to
> 'init_nftl'

init_nftl was declared 'static' because that works in 2.4 and I don't often
test with 2.2 kernels before 2.2.18 (where it also works because the 2.4
initcall stuff has been merged). I've now fixed it in v1.77 of nftlcore.c.

> How can we solved this? Do you think we must to configure
> something special to get the kernel image?

Using 2.2.18 would help - it does the initcall stuff in the new way.
Otherwise, it ought to work, it's mostly just details like the above which I
won't have noticed.

--
dwmw2