sharp driver dissimilarities

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Apr 28 12:11:57 EDT 2001

ds at schleef.org said:
>  I tried and failed, but that may be just my lack of understanding of
> the CFI driver.  The commands, command write locations, and status
> bits have no similarity to other chip drivers.

The commands certainly have some similarity with the cfi_cmdset_0001 code,
which isn't particularly surprising as command set 0001 is 'Intel/Sharp'.

However, at the time you did sharp.c, I believe that CFI code wasn't
sufficiently generic to deal with 4x8-bit chips. It ought to manage that
now, though.

        /* Clear the status register first */
        cfi_write(map, CMD(0x50), adr);

        /* Now erase */
        cfi_write(map, CMD(0x20), adr);
        cfi_write(map, CMD(0xD0), adr);

We really ought to separate the backends which actually drive the chips from
the probe code.

--
dwmw2