(No Subject)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 24 10:46:26 EDT 2001

simon.munton at talk21.com said:
> Back in January, I posted a similar question about the unlock bypass
> mode.

> Unfortunately, I've been busy on other things since then, so I've not
> been able to follow up on it.

Yes, it's currently broken. It should probably be disabled unless someone
cares sufficiently to fix it, and can show that it's actually an advantage to
disable interrupts in return for the (probably minimal) speedup.

simon.munton at talk21.com said:
>  I've also noticed that CFI_DEVICETYPE_X8 is used in several places,
> where it seems that cfi->device_type should be used instead (one
> instance is in issuing the enter bypass mode commands).

The unlock addresses are set with that fact taken into consideration. The
reason is that some devices with DEVICETYPE_16 need unlock addresses which
are odd, for which the 'multiply by two' doesn't help us much :)

--
dwmw2