(No Subject)

simon.munton at talk21.com simon.munton at talk21.com
Tue Apr 24 12:29:29 EDT 2001

Back in January, I posted a similar question about the unlock bypass mode.

Unfortunately, I've been busy on other things since then, so I've not been able to follow up on it.

The chip needs to be locked before going into the unlock bypass mode and unlocked when it comes out of this mode. It would probably be best to have a couple of helper functions to enter and exit bypass mode.

Also, in do_write_oneword, it should skip the wait for the chip to be ready and not set the state back to ready if fast is set true.

I've also noticed that CFI_DEVICETYPE_X8 is used in several places, where it seems that cfi->device_type should be used instead (one instance is in issuing the enter bypass mode commands).

Something along the lines of the attached diff (haven't even tried compiling it, so it may be buggy)

Simon