Elan SC520 - problem with MTD

Robert Kaiser rob at sysgo.de
Mon Apr 23 10:43:00 EDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 you wrote:
> I'm looking at this myself at the moment - the simplest solution is to
> perform the hook,
> load a zImage into low mem and let the Linux startup code handle the nasty
> protected
> mode bits 'n' pieces. Works fine for me under 2.2. Unfortunately I really
> can't seem to
> manage to get 2.4 down to < 500Kb so I need bzImage which means that - yes -
> there is some protected mode support required. Alternatively it might be
> possible to
> throw the kernel up to 0x100000 using 32-bit real mode. I need to check on
> this....

If you're interested in this kind of stuff, have a look at our GPLed ROM loader.

ftp://ftp.sysgo.de/pub/elinos/1.0/updates/rolo_1.1_src.tar.gz

It loads a bzimage using 32-bit real mode. It is written mostly in C, but it
doesn't compile  with gcc (you need bcc).

Rob

Robert Kaiser                         email: rkaiser at sysgo.de
SYSGO RTS GmbH
Am Pfaffenstein 14                    phone: (49) 6136 9948-762
D-55270 Klein-Winternheim / Germany   fax:   (49) 6136 9948-10