JFFS2 as root FS

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Apr 23 07:04:16 EDT 2001

ds at schleef.org said:
>  I meant to say that mkfs.jffs2 did not handle hard links properly,
> because I didn't see evidence of a hard link cache in the code. Is
> that true, or no?

That is true. Nobody's yet written the code to notice hard links in the
source directory and put appropriate hard links in the created JFFS2
filesystem.

Note that once you realise you only need to keep a cache of (dev,inode)
tuples for inodes with i_nlink > 1, rather than every inode you touch, and
that you only need to look into that cache when you're writing out such an
inode, it becomes a much more feasible task.

--
dwmw2